Sunday, November 2, 2008

Our week...

We have had a "busy but good" (as our friend Eric would say!) week.
I am HORRIBLE about toting my camera around, and now that I'm sitting here rethinking our week, I'm realizing all the great pictures I missed! Maybe next time!
Tyra gave me the most beautiful hanging candle this week...just because! I love it.
This picture does not do it justice, but it's the best this amature could do!

Our church is having a "Harvest Time" effort for the month of November. So last Sunday, we finished out Pastor Appreciation Month with a pounding for our Pastor and then a time of snacks and fellowship after church. Then we broke of into 3 teams to start planning for "Harvest". It was a fun time in the fellowship hall, but also a serious time, thinking about bringing souls to Christ. We have a "church school" and that tends to bring alot of different people into our services, but not the lost, and our church is really beginning to see the need of going out and winning souls for Christ. We have a little bit of friendly competition going on with the church being divided into 3 teams, but (hopefully!) it is all in good Christian fun!
We have started have"Taco Wednesday" with Derek and Tyra and mom and dad before church on Wednesday nights. Tyra keeps Madi for me till supper time and I make tacos and try to get prepared for our Wednesday night Children's Church service.
Thursday night was our Bible Study at our house. We have been having a study with some of the young couples in our church for the past couple months, with my dad as the leader. We have discussed alot of different topics, but this past week was on dress and modesty...so you know that was a lively discussion!!! :) We have felt God close many times during these sessions and I feel SO privileged to be a part with a devoted group of young people.
Along with the harvest effort, our team had a "fall block party" on Halloween night. Our team leaders graciously opened their home and their yard. They built a very welcoming fire in a metal pit and tables and chair for people to visit and eat. Lots of hot chili and other great food was served to their neighbors and anyone else passing by who cared to stop. They passed out tracks and candy as well. I was not able to stop by till late, but it was a great atmosphere with great people and a very pleasant evening. Seth had spent a good part of his day helping put a new roof on one of the building at the school, so he opted to stay at home with Madi as he was exhausted.
Adrian and Anthony came in to town for Hadlee's Birthday Party and stayed the weekend with us. Alexa thought it was really fun that Madi was walking and it was so cute to see her try to mimick her tottering around!
"The Girls", Tyra, Adrian, Taylar, and myself, got up on Saturday morning for coffee. We were able to spend about an hour together talking, laughing, drinking a "Sticky Bun" and eating Cranberry Scone and Blueberry Muffin...mmmm!! It was a beautiful fall day.
Adrian helped me run all around town, gathering up items for a fall display in the church foyer, and then they were off to the party. Later that afternoon, Adrian started making preparations for Sunday dinner...homemade rolls and the works. She is a great cook and enjoys doing it. I was contented to just follow her around with a wash rag and clean up the mess! :)
Saturday evening, we were invited over for games and fellowship with some of the young couples in the area and had a great time.
This morning I was PLEASANTLY surprised by the time change! I know I am so out of it, but seriously had not heard one person mention the change. But who doesn't need an extra hour on Sunday mornings!! We spent lunch today with my family and now we are off to another busy week.
This is my reminder to myself to stop and treasure what is important and enjoy the little things!
Have a great week!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Wow... I'm worn out just reading about your schedules lately :) Hope you have a good week! Love you guys.

Sarah said...

I just found this blog-- You wouldn't believe all I went through to get to it-- had to go to another blog where you had posted and then "view your profile" then it gave options for this blog-- but since you said in Madi Moments what you had done this past week I had to find out! (Call me nosey!) Anyway--- I like the bird bathroom--- it's really cute how you tied it all in!
Ok so now this is a blog favorite--
Love ya!

The Arender's said...

It was so great to spend time with you all. You need to put a link to this on Madi's blog- I have been looking for this and not been able to find it.

Aimee said...

I didn't realize you had this blog! I'm slow...=) I'm looking forward to getting together with you soon...