Monday, April 27, 2009

FINALLY...an update!

I've considered merging my two blogs, but for now, I like having Madi Moments for Madi, especially since I haven't kept up a Baby Book!

Soo... this will be where I ramble! :)
I hope to start a "Simple Woman's Daybook" on this blog soon. :) I thought today would be a good day to start, but soon realized that all my entries would end up being about the mouse I saw in my kitchen this morning! :)
AAHHH!!!

From my kitchen - In shambles trying to keep the mouse out of the drawers!
I am thinking - About how to catch the mouse!
I am hoping - To catch the mouse!
You get the picture!

Today was a very rainy day. I took a few pictures from our driveway.

Above: Looking across our road up our neighbor's long driveway.

Above: Looking at the other end of our U-shaped drive. This creek usually runs under the road, but today it's running over!
Below: Random truck passing on the road.

I love being able to be at home with Madi. Right now I'm feeling a little overwhelmed. When you work a 40 hour week, that dictates so much of your time and you just cram all the other necessities of life into the little time that is left over. I have so much time now that I am struggling with how to organize it and make the most of it.

I'm asking God to help me. I want to be in the center of His will. I want to be a Godly wife and mother and a "Keeper at Home". But more than just having the laundry done and the floors mopped, I don't want to forget that there is a whole world out there that needs to know Him.

This is a busy week for us. I'm filling in for the Children's Church Director on Wednesday.

Jerry Hay will be here for a FREE concert on Friday! 7:00 PM at the William Inge Theater on the Independence Community College Campus by the way!

Saturday is LADIES DAY at our church. The theme is PURSE-ONALITY. And we are looking forward to a really good day. Mom, Maria and I are doing the decorations, so that is going to keep me busy between now and then. I've had a great time finding some cute purses to decorate with! Hopefully pictures later.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Your ladies day sounds fun... purses and all :) Can't believe how much rain you've got there. It is raining here today, but the past 3 days or so have been in the 80's and so beautiful. Have a great week!

Mindy said...

Glad to see you back! Love keeping up on your life with Madi! She is so cute! Hope the rain goes away for ya soon.

CALISTA said...

I like your blogs separate - I think someday you should print out all your archived blog pages and put them in a scrapbook... that's what I'd like to do with mine.
I know what you mean about making the most of your time. Magnus is a very demanding young chap, but I still want to do what Joe and I were talking about last night and find ways - no matter how simple - of honoring God in every thing I do. Soooo.. I better go get that laundry done - with a smile and prayer of thanks! =)
Calista