Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Victorian Meets Shabby Chic






I'm sure I can't make this transfer from Victorian to Shabby Chic without commiting some decoratoring faux pas along the way...Oh well! That's the fun of it I guess.
Vicky created this look on my armoire. I could never figure out what to do with this bird house and I think this is the perfect thing!

The birds were a great deal from Twigs. They are stone and I think intended for the garden, but they are light and work great here.

I'm not sure this arrangement is completed yet. It too is a work in progress.

Don't know what to do with the Courting Dulcimer now!...might hang it on the wall??

This little bird came from Dollar Tree...in 30 years, my kids will be saying, "she had these horrible white birds everywhere"! :)

3 comments:

The Arender's said...

These are some great new additions to your house. I love your new look. The corner embellishments are perfect and the swans are beautiful!

The Arender's said...

This background is nice...

Leah said...

Nat, You've changed the living room around. I like your updates... I'm sure it helps things to feel more "homey". Not that your home wasn't that way before... I just mean it's great when you feel things are complete! :)
Love, Leah