Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Washroom - Gone to the Birds

We recently had a yard sale, and in preparation for turning the guest room to Madi's room, I sold most of my "Safari Decor" that I had had since we got married. Along with that, I decided to also change the main bath (which was also in Safari), but I had NO idea what to put in there.
Well, while shopping at Target (which does not happen very often) I spotted these ducks, and literally fell in love! :) I don't know what my obsession is with birds lately, but I could not resist these; and they were on clearance, which made them even better.

I bought 3...blue, brown & cream.


I also found this blue and brown shower curtain, which I also could not resist and the shade of blue went so well with the duck.

At the same rummage sale, my cousin was selling this Beatrix Potter (wrote "Tale of Peter Rabbit") print for 10 cents...Actually, it didn't sell, and I rescued it from the boxes that were going to the "Community Closet" after the sale. I had recently saw the movie "Miss Potter" and loved it! I don't remember her books much from childhood, but think her characters are just adorable. I had spray painted this silver frame white, and it happened to fit this print. Thought MAYBE I could get by with using it here above the latrine :) and think it turned out kinda cute!

I actually think I would like to add more of her prints in this room.


ALSO found these little birds at Target and again, could not resist.


This wreath is on the main wall opposite the sink, and looks a little lonely, but it's all the changes we could handle (afford!) for now.


Overall, I really like the new look. SOOO different from Safari, but feels so more me. Seth just shakes his head and says "I don't know what you're doing!" :) He's not one for change, so I do feel a little bad for him, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

8 comments:

Leah said...

I (oddly enough) love your shower curtain and birds! :) Change is fun in decor and more so when you find things on clearance! Good for you. Enjoying all of the pictures of your home as well.
Love, Leah

CALISTA said...

I love that blue duck!! That shower curtain is way cute too, and matches "him" perfectly. I thought the frog fishing right above the toilet was actually rather fitting! lol! Thanks for the pics - it's fun to see your house/changes.

Vicki Clifton said...

LOVE IT!!! Good for you. Seth will adjust....Paul does! ha! I think I've beat my record on decorating a room and changing the decor...the family room lasted less than a week at victorian and is now americana!

Unknown said...

Decorating is sooo fun! (Your shower curtain also matches your blog background.)

Maria said...

Your house is looking so good right now. I wish I were good at decorating :(
Looking forward to this weekend!!

Peggy B. said...

I love to change things around in my house. Mark used to get so aggravated at me. I loved to move furniture around, but as you say, "a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do!!"

Jill M. said...

I like the new look. I have to admit I was wondering what a "latrine" was. I saw the Beatrix Potter picture further down above the toilet so I put two and two together. I love it. Lol!!!

Grandma Vashti said...

I really like your changes too!! You are very creative, and by the way, I like your Kansas pics, and I have some more I would like to share with you!! Love Mom